Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quizno's - Livermore


Quizno's
101 E Vineyard
Livermore, CA 94550
(925) 426-7827
quiznos.com

I haven't written a review on this Quizno's on Vineyard at Isabel because I was hoping not to be their third 1-star rating on yelp. This is the closest fast food to me, unless you consider Starbucks' sandwiches fast food...and I have not and will not ever step into the Chevron mart for a plastic-wrapped-sandwich-made-3-days-ago...I'd rather go hungry.

Rewind. The main reason behind them deserving 1 star is because they were overcharging customers who order the $5 large deli favorites and add on the meal-deal-thingie (drink and a side) for an additional $1.99. It's supposed to be $6.99 but it was ringing up $0.20 more. I pointed it out to them and they gave me a credit. I told the blonde lady (owner? manager?) that they should fix that on the register, though.

I came in the next time and they still didn't fix the problem, but issued me a credit. I've been there about 4-5 times afterwards and they are STILL OVERCHARGING! They did continue to give me the credit, but the point was that how many people have they overcharged that didn't catch on? It's chump change, I know, but it's really the principle of the matter.

I haven't been there in 2-3 months, due to the overcharge issue and the last time I was there, they were OUT of tuna. That's the only sandwich I EVER get there, so I felt displaced and my inside voice was stuttering, "N-n-n-no tuna? Uh, did you reeeeeeeeeeally say NO TUNA??" So as my mind was spinning (I am loyal to the one thing I order at each place, that's just me) I ordered these cute little Sammies, one steak and one chicken...and barf, barf, barf...they made me want to stay away from Quizno's as long as possible!

Fast forward to today. Hubby's been workin' all day and it's 3pm, neither one of us has eaten. He says, "Why don'tcha go up to Quizno's and get me that Prime Rib sandwich they're advertising for $3.99?" I think to myself, well, it's been a while so maybe it's time to give 'em another chance. So I go there and decide to try one myself (I know, I know, I said I was loyal, but I'm human and can't a girl cheat just once in a while?) After all, it does come on that rosemary-parmesan bread that they otherwise charge an extra $0.39 for...and lemme tell you, that sandwich is DA BOMB! L-L-L-Love it! Moist prime rib meat (is it really prime rib? don't know, but it's good!) with sauteed onions on the delectable, warmly toasted rosemary-parmesan bread...YUM!

That sandwich just earned them two stars.

Hmmmmm...I didn't order the add-on meal for $1.99 (do they still have it for $1.99? don't know). I just ordered the 2 sandwiches to go...so I guess I still don't know if they ever fixed their overcharging problem!



Quiznos on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment