Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Strings Italian Cafe - Livermore, CA


Strings Italian Cafe
2205 Las Positas Road
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 373-1044
stringscafe.com

We decided to try this Strings after a typical Home Depot run that took waaaaaaaay longer than it should have. They have a $6.99 (or is it $6.95?) lunch special and we tried that with the salad and spaghetti with meat sauce. (Note: I normally would NEVER order spaghetti with meat sauce at a restaurant because I make THE BEST myself...but I haven't had a kitchen for 4+ months now and it's either microwave or eat out...UGH!)

Salad: good when it's served freshly tossed (note to servers: the lettuce is no longer yummy when it's been drenched in dressing for too long). I like the sunflower seeds and raisins, they add a nice twist to an otherwise mediocre salad. Go away, thickly sliced raw red onions.

Bread: the bread here is SO GOOD I hate them for making me a carb whore. Fresh, hot and served on a cute little wooden cutting board!

Spaghetti: the saving grace is that it is served al dente. Otherwise, as a spaghetti alla bolognese snob, it's okay...but if I was serving you dinner in my house, this dish wouldn't make it out of the kitchen!

As far as their sauces, I've also tried both the alfredo and pesto once...and would never order either of them again!

One star for the weekday lunch price, which is available till 4pm. Eating out all the time can get expensive!

Two stars for the bread, despite the regret I feel the next morning on the scale after being such a carb whore.

Strings Italian Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment