Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, March 16, 2009

Amarone Cucina Italiana - Pleasanton, CA


Amarone Cucina Italiana
680 Main St
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 270-0500
amaronepleasanton.com

We were pleasantly surprised that the restaurant seemed almost full at 8pm on a Monday evening, as we find most places normally aren't that busy lately. There were two large groups and a four-top and several parties of two when we walked in, but we were seated right away at a vacant table. The server was very polite and attentive and the owner Matteo was a delight as I got to practice my limited Italian with him. :)

I ordered the Gnocchi alla Bolognese and DH went for their special, Rack of Lamb. Wait...backspace. They offer a plain focaccia bread, served at room temperature with a typical olive oil and balsamic dipping sauce. Now, back to the good stuff. I had almost given up on my search for good Gnocchi. I've had it any many places and was always disappointed, but was willing to give it a try here...well let me just say that not only did my husband "help" me eat it, but I could totally go back tomorrow for some more!!! His rack of lamb was delicious as well, cooked perfectly and served over mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley.

For dessert, we shared a lemon cheesecake. I didn't know it was going to be a ricotta cheesecake when we ordered it (which is dense and firm) otherwise I probably would have ordered the creme brulee since I prefer the creamy, non-ricotta American version of cheesecake. There was a strong presence of lemon rind in the cheesecake, just so you know if you're thinking about ordering it. When I make lemon cheesecake, I add lemon zest and I take great care not to go into the rind because of the bitter taste I'm not particularly fond of. Anyway, enough of my baking tips!

Love the Gnocchi alla Bolognese, love the owner Matteo, love Amarone...where else can you get awesome yummylicious Gnocchi, such attentive and caring service from both the server and the owner, asking for your feedback and satisfaction throughout the entire meal and even a "buona sera" and a handshake as Matteo walks you to the door?

Dinner for two including tax and tip: $42.02
(courtesy of a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate)

No comments:

Post a Comment