Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, March 23, 2009

Emil Villa's California Barbecue - Livermore, CA


Emil Villa's California Barbecue
3064 Pacific Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
(925) 449-1499

Since my grande Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte from Starbucks was the only thing I've had today, I was looking forward to a hearty dinner with some real substance...and decided to try Emil Villa's for the first time. Let me just say that they did not disappointy my tummy! :)

I ordered the baby back ribs off their "lighter appetite" menu (who are they kidding, this was enough for my "heartier appetite") plus the $5 add-on for a drink, a second side dish and a slice of pie (yum!) and it also came with a side of extra BBQ sauce and a little cup of beans.

The garden salad was your typical salad with mixed greens, shredded carrots, and seasoned croutons. The bread they brought out was horrible, but since I was getting pie, not eating bread was a good thing!

The baby back ribs were falling off the bone delicious...the only thing they could improve the next time is to be careful with the end pieces being tough, but I know that typically happens with racks of ribs. The baked potato was perfect (I'm glad I asked for the green onions on the side as they were sliced quite large and I would have picked them out) and I enjoyed the beans as well. The peach pie was wonderful, it's been years since I've had peach pie and I forgot how much I love it!

P.S. I was too hungry to remember to photograph my food, so the only photo I took was of the building! ;p



Dinner for two including tax and tip: $21.19
(courtesy of a Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate)

No comments:

Post a Comment