Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baci Cafe - Pleasanton, CA


Baci Cafe
500 Main St
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 600-0600
bacimainstreet.com

First time eating here tonight and first time I tried a Kobe beef burger. Honestly, it was a very good burger, similar in quality to that of the burger I've had at Harris Ranch, but I couldn't taste any distinctiveness in it being "Kobe" beef. DH had the cioppino, which was excellent but just quite a small portion for a $25 entree.

The much-talked about "fruit water" was nice, although it smelled better than it tasted (yes, it tasted good but I didn't think it was all THAT). The sourdough bread was not very good and for some reason, they didn't even bring butter with it, which would have made it a little better. I've had enough carbs lately (actually, more than enough!) so I just didn't eat any and that was fine with me.

Service was good and the ambiance was nice, although there was only one other table with a party of four during the time we were there. Normal slow Tuesday evening, I guess. We may come here again in the future, but I don't think we'll be rushing back here anytime soon...there's too many other restaurants out there to try!

Dinner for two including tax and tip: $28.32
(courtesy of a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate)

No comments:

Post a Comment