Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Los Vaqueros Grill & Bar - Livermore, CA


Los Vaqueros Grill & Bar
1000 N Vasco Road
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 456-6233

The Camarones Rellenos Culiacan appetizer (bacon-wrapped shrimp with gouda cheese filling...need I say more???) was the highlight of our meal! The obligatory chips they brought out were stale and yucky and it was all I could do to swallow-not-spit the one chip I had.

My second favorite item was the pomegranate blue cheese apple salad...deLISH! TIP: Ask for the salad "on the side" if you don't like mole sauce and sweet potato mixed with raspberry vinaigrette on your spinach. It wasn't a good mix.

The honey chipotle sweet potatoes were good, but I could only finish 1/3 of what was served on my plate...it was too much sweet potato for a Mexican dinner!

Between the two enchiladas I ordered, I preferred the Chicken Enchilada Suiza with the creamy tomato sauce and dark meat chicken. Sadly, the Carnitas Enchilada Mole Rojo was a bit of a disappointment because I had higher expectations. Oh, well.

I might come back on a Thursday night between 6-9pm for their $1 Tacos and $3 Margaritas...the service was excellent.



Camarones Rellenos Culiacan $10.00


Enchiladas $10.00


Los Vaqueros Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment