Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boardwalk Grill - Discovery Bay, CA


Boardwalk Grill
5879 Marina Road
Discovery Bay, CA 94505
(925) 513-2499
boardwalkgrill.net

The first time I had been to this location at the Discovery Bay Marina, it was called "Discovery Joe's" and this was back in the late '90s so I know I'm dating myself! ;) It was awful back then, so I actually hadn't returned after giving them a few chances to redeem themselves.

Living in Discovery Bay back in the day, our only "local" dining choices were either Discovery Joe's or the pizza parlor or sandwich shop in the Discovery Bay Shopping Center. You could also head out to Orwood Resort for an Okie Taco or drive to Brentwood for more selection...but it was really still quite limited!

Anyway, we really enjoyed our lunch at the Boardwalk Grill today. Not only was it the perfect day driving up to Discovery Bay in my convertible, but we're thankful that there was no wind so we could enjoy dining al fresco without my hair blowing everywhere. :) I think the term "Delta Breeze" is quite an understatement...on a typical day, I wouldn't be able to eat outside without being subject to an occasional mouthful of my hair!

Service: Excellent. Thanks, Danielle (30)!

Sourdough Melt (his): "Burger patty with melted cheese and grilled onions on sourdough served with seasoned fries" $8.49. Excellent...although the fries were plain, not seasoned.

Asian Chicken Wrap (hers): "Chicken breast, mandarin oranges, crispy wontons, rice noodles & toasted almonds, with fresh lettuce & our sesame dressing in a large flavored flour tortilla served with fruit" $9.99. Excellent...but the almonds were not toasted as described. The pineapple slices served on the side were delightfully sweet...yum! He ate my cantaloupe and watermelon. I'm from Hawaii. The fruits I eat are pineapple, guava, passion fruit, lychee...not cantaloupe and watermelon. :)

Note: I just joined Boardwalk Grill's e-mail list since their website enticed me with a "free" appetizer. Now I'm reading their confirmation e-mail and not only did their attached coupon expire on April 1, 2009 but it also requires a $30 minimum food purchase. Thumbs down to that.



















Sourdough Melt $8.49


Asian Chicken Wrap $9.99


Boardwalk Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment