Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Claude and Dominique's Bistro - Pleasanton, CA


Claude and Dominique's Bistro
210 Rose Ave
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 462-0100
claudeanddominiquesbistro.com

We were greeted, seated and served by Irina, a lady from the Ukraine. Peeking through the small window to the kitchen while waiting to be seated, we saw a Mexican chef. I lived in Paris for almost 3 years, so I had high hopes in discovering a French restaurant I liked right in downtown Pleasanton.

DH ordered the Venison Grand Veneur plus a side of potatoes and veggies. I ordered a new entree on their menu, the Seafood Risotto which was supposed to come with garlic bread.

Venison: it was "okay" quality and one of the petite medallions had a chewy inedible piece. Potatoes were delicious and so were the veggies.

Risotto: the shrimp and scallops were disappointingly overcooked. When I asked if my garlic bread was coming, Irina said it didn't come with it but she would bring me some if I wanted. I said I thought the menu included garlic bread and she checked the menu and apologized, saying it was a new dish and the chef forgot. She brought two huge slices of garlic bread and DH was happy that I gave him one! :)

If you're looking for an authentic French restaurant, I wouldn't come here. If you're looking for an overpriced wannabe-French restaurant, perhaps C&D Bistro might live up to your expectations...but don't expect an intimate dining experience, as there was a party of four dining across the room while we were there and it sounded like we were all at the same table.







Venison Grand Veneur $28.95 + Potatoes $2.95 + Veggies $2.95


Seafood Risotto $15.95


Dinner for two including tax and tip: $36.89
(courtesy of a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate)

Claude & Dominique Bistro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Is this place still open but called something else now that it is under new management?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Claude and Dominique's Bistro actually closed recently and it is now an Indian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete