Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sansar Indian Cuisine - Livermore, CA


Sansar Indian Cuisine
2220 1st St
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 606-6191
sansarindiancuisine.com

This was the first time we've had Indian food in many, many, many years...but since we got a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for $3, we thought we might give it a try. Although I was contemplating giving them 3 or 4 stars, I decided on 4 because of the value of the price paid (with the gift certificate), the friendliness of the entire staff, the wonderful server and the star of the meal...the Chicken Tikka Massala!

Mixed Platter Appetizer: "samosa, pakora, aloo tikki" $6.95. The mixed veggie pakora was my favorite! Next time I think I would order just that. :)

Tandoori Mixed Grill: "chicken, lamb, kebab and shrimp marinated in a special sauce with garlic, ginger and home ground spices cooked in the tandoori oven and served on a sizzling platter with onions, bell pepper and lemon" $17.95. I liked the presentation on the sizzling platter, but I was disappointed in the overall flavor of the chicken, lamb and shrimp. The lamb kebab was tasty, but the chicken was somewhat dry even though I drowned it in lemon juice for additional flavor. Wouldn't order this dish again.

Chicken Tikka Massala: "tender chicken marinated with sauces and herbs cooked in creamed coconut butter sauce" $12.95. Mmmmmmmmmmm...so this is what Indian comfort food tastes like! I loved this dish, it was definitely the hit of the evening and will make me want to come back for more.

FYI, they offer a daily lunch buffet from 11am to 3pm for $8.95. Also, from Sunday to Tuesday, take 10% off any dinner takeout order before 7pm.











Mixed Platter Appetizer $6.95


Tandoori Mixed Grill $17.95


Chicken Tikka Massala $12.95


Outdoor seating


Dinner for two including tax and tip: $23.00

(courtesy of a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate)

Sansar Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment