Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Uptown Cafe - Danville, CA


Uptown Cafe
327 Hartz Ave
Danville, CA 94526
(925) 838-8588

Not many places were open for lunch in downtown Danville on Easter Sunday, but Uptown Cafe was so we decided to try it for the first time. I don't see the connection, but they have the interior adorned with Marilyn Monroe memorabilia. Now, on to the food!

The sourdough bread they offer has got to be the B-E-S-T I've ever had!!! Do I dare say that? Yes, because to the best of my bread recollection...it's true! I believe it's freshly baked there because its level of awesomeness is one that can only be reached by coming fresh out of the oven.

DH ordered a Caesar Salad ($4.95) and the Lobster Ravioli in a creamy tomato sauce ($13.95). I decided on their special of the day, Grilled Salmon with capers on a bed of lettuce drizzled with balsamic vinegar ($14.95). Everything was good and I appreciated the fact that the salmon was perfectly cooked, but nothing was outstandingly spectacular...except the sourdough bread!







Caesar Salad $4.95


Lobster Ravioli $13.95 (Lunch)


Grilled Salmon $14.95 (Lunch)


Off-topic: This is the 2nd day in a row that I've seen a red Ferrari!


This is the one I saw yesterday in Livermore:


Dinner for two including tax and tip: $48.45

No comments:

Post a Comment