Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mimi's Cafe - Antioch, CA


Mimi's Cafe
5705 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94531
(925) 754-3186
mimiscafe.com

Although we typically go to Mimi's for their delicious corned beef hash and eggs breakfast, we stopped in tonight for dinner since we happened to be in the area and this one's right off the Highway 4 Bypass on Lone Tree Way.

They have a 3-course dinner menu (now through April 27th) for $12.99 that includes a short list of appetizers, soup or salad, a choice of several "Just Enough Dinner" entrees and a "Petite Treat" dessert. What a deal! It actually turned out to be more food than I expected...by the time dessert came around, I was only interested in eating the vanilla bean ice cream and not so much the apple crisp. :)

I've had their Caesar Salad and French Onion Soup before, so tonight I decided to try their Corn Chowder...and it was as good as I'd expect from any chain restaurant. I would have loved the crisp texture of "real" corn-on-the-cob corn, but I didn't complain as I finished my cup. Hey, it's better than canned soup!

The Shrimp Piccata Fettuccine was loaded with shrimp and full of flavor. The only gripe I have is that there is nothing "Piccata" about this dish! To me, "Piccata" means capers, lemon juice and white wine...not tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach in a creamy tomato sauce. Despite the name, I enjoyed it and took home over half of it because my tummy sent me a subliminal message saying I needed to save room for dessert. :)

Great service, good food, super value (although the "Just Enough Dinner" and "Petite Treat" titles are VERY deceiving!) so I'm giving Mimi's 4 stars for this dinner experience.





April Special 3-Course Menu $12.99


Corn Chowder (normal add-on price $1.49)


"Just Enough Dinner" Shrimp Piccata Fettucine (normal price $10.99)


"Petite Treat" Bread Pudding (normal price $2.49)


"Petite Treat" Apple Crisp (normal price $2.49)


Mimi's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment