Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, April 6, 2009

The Cheesecake Factory - Pleasanton, CA


The Cheesecake Factory
1350 Stoneridge Mall Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 463-1311
thecheesecakefactory.com

Update from my last review: the chocolate and peanut butter cookie dough cheesecake was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sweet...not only would I never order it again, I'm hesitant to even order any cheesecake from here. Dock 1/2 star for that.

Tonight we both tried some new dishes: he had the Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya and I ordered the Roasted Vegetables & Goat Cheese Pizza. Both were AWESOME...the second time those dishes were brought out! The first time, his Jambalaya had a stuck-together wad of pasta about the size of an egg roll...shame on you, Cheesecake Factory cook! My pizza also didn't have the Kalamata olives or the yellow bell peppers the first time around. Oh and although I did ask our server if the pizza came with "fresh" tomatoes and she said yes...they weren't...there were stewed tomatoes on my pizza.

They got it right the second time around, but even though the manager came to our table to apologize, he didn't put his money where his mouth was...and not one cent was taken off our bill for the inconvenience of having both of our dinners re-done. Dock another 1/2 star for that.



We ate wheat bread while waiting for rounds 1 & 2 of our dinners!


Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya $16.95


1st pizza, w/o yellow bell peppers & kalamata olives


Roasted Vegetables & Goat Cheese Pizza $11.95


Leftover pizza...guess I ate too much wheat bread while waiting.


Dinner for two including tax and tip: $36.72

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just started reading your blog (the Jeepney) and enjoyed it so I went ahead and started reading the rest. Good Stuff! Although you're not as tough as I would have been, especially with this review of the Cheesecake factory. Thanks for your food reviews. I work in Pleasanton and live in SJ, and so I definitely appreciate some input to the local cuisine, which when compared to SJ, is sorely lacking. Hope that you have a better Filipino dining experience in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your compliments, mail4gus! Yes, I admit I can be generous in my reviews, but I still manage to convey the truth in a politically polite manner. :)

    As far as better Filipino food, I'll have to wait till my mom comes to visit from Hawaii again! She's from a region in the Philippines that is renown for their top culinary status among Filipinos. Although I'm an accomplished home chef myself, my talents don't quite reach the Far East! I make lumpia, kare kare and sinigang, that's about it. :)

    ReplyDelete